Friday, July 08, 2011

Workflow Audit

Seth Godin wrote a brief post today called Time for a Workflow Audit. It explains very simply one way people like me (Revit consultants) help others (and their firms) with Revit. As a consultant I tend to call it mentoring.

Seth wrote:
    Go find a geek. Someone who understands gmail, Outlook, Excel and other basic tools. Pay her to sit next to you for an hour and watch you work. Then say, "tell me five ways I can save an hour a day." Whatever you need to pay for this service, it will pay for itself in a week.

Substitute Revit and/or Navisworks for gmail/Outlook, Excel and the rest, though I've occasionally even helped out with those "mundane" applications.

An aside... geeks and nerds combined are: a neek, a gerd, a gerk? I heard someone say that Nerds talk/think about doing cool techy stuff while geeks get cool techy stuff DONE. At least that's how I remember hearing it!

No comments: