Friday, July 23, 2010

Mastering Revit - In the Wild

The authors of Mastering Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011 recently invited people who have the book to participate in a humorous exchange of placing the book in a setting to capture it in-the-wild. I visited the South Coast Revit User Group last evening and posed the book next to a scale model and the beverage it chose for me.


The group's venue is the Irvine office of LPA. They provide the venue for three user groups, one for each version of Revit. Very generous of them and every group needs a benefactor like them.

Vanessa with DPR talked about how the firm is using BIM and Jason Dodds presented Autodesk's Quantity Takeoff product. An interesting evening, everything a user group should be!

1 comment:

Architect said...

It was a great meeting. I always enjoy hearing how other companies implement Revit. This was my first viewing of AQTO. Wow. I've seen other tools for estimating, but the integration and template memory makes this one the best I've seen.

PS. Thanks for sharing your copy of Mastering Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011.