Friday, March 26, 2010

Off Topic - Contrast and Boredom

I write this as an escape from the pain of reviewing a document for references to figures...figure 1 to image 1 - check...next figure 2 to image 2...check - "help me" I know I have to finish this...deep breath...

I've been growing less and less fond of the blog format here and recently Blogger starting offering some more template features. I experimented a bit with Revit Inside and Revit Jobs tonight. I went with a stark contrast of a change for Revit Inside and a slightly evolutionary change with Revit Jobs. I'm curious if any of my readers care for one or the other or if they even care.

I like the real contrast between the text and the background of Revit Inside. Usually I find a black background to hard to read text on. This template's choices are surprisingly legible, to me that is.


I also like the contrast and clean order to Revit Jobs. Can you sense my indecision here? It is the only reason I didn't just do one or the other tonight. When I'm waffling...I tend to keep waffling for a bit longer.


Any opinions??

8 comments:

cadalot said...

I like the bottom one better, I would tend to not even try to read the top one.

Old worn out eyes....

Juan Carlos said...

Revit Jobs imo, is much easier to read and more elegant that the Revit Inside.

Steve said...

Thanks for the responses, the help!

Jonathan Ludwig said...

I'm with the others, Steve.

RevitInside isn't so bad since the contrast is not as bad as a white text on black background. I shy away from those blogs, or if the content is a must read, then i'll copy/paste the text into Word and invert the text color. The content has to be worth the bother.

So you really want to change your current blog format? I've always thought yours was one of the best....

Steve said...

I wanted a little more room for the post - more width specifically. I've been using this scheme for five years now so it feels a little stale to me. Glad you've liked it though. How does the current look work. Sort of the same old with a little newness mixed in?

Unknown said...

Steve,

I go with Revit Jobs!
Best,

Unknown said...

Steve,

I like the new format, looks very crisp and I am a stickler for smart professionally formatted web pages. :-) I actually don't mind the revit inside page, its very now and looks very "autodesk" like. But what you have decided on is probably the best option all round. Its very weird cos I was planning to check blogger out to see if they have update there templates. Whilst mine has worked for the last 4 years, like you I felt it needed a refresh.

iyyy69 said...

Don't care for the black background one - rarely good for text heavy sites. It currently looks very sharp - nice job.