Monday, January 18, 2010

Dept. of Errors - Action Caused Deletion of Non-Editable Workset

When you get this error message you can take the following action. Create a text file using Notepad. Enter the following text exactly:

[DebugModes]
AllowDeletionOfNonEmptyWorkset=1

Save the text file as debug.ini

Place this file in the installation folder for your Revit version, typically:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk Revit "version" 2010\Program

When you run your software you'll get a message box confirm the debug mode "Allow deletion of Non Empty Worksets".

After making a backup of your project for safekeeping open the project and try to delete the item in question again. You should find that Revit will allow you to delete it. Hopefully this will help.

3 comments:

iyyy69 said...

After not using worksets much the last couple years, a few days ago I enabled worksets on a current project (RAC 2010) and within a couple hours ran into this bug. Went to AUGI and to my amazement, there was a thread at the top of the forum regarding this problem in RAC 2009 - but the debug.ini fixed it. At the end of the day, I removed it, but the same problem cropped up again the following day.

Is it safe to leave the debug file in there permanently?

It appears this bug has been around for at least two versions - time for it to be squashed?

Steve said...

I don't see why you couldn't leave the debug function enabled. I posted this because I had to use it last night to fix client's project file that had a view workset that we couldn't get rid of. I realized I never posted anything about it ages ago either so I figured I would now.

Unknown said...

We have the same problem here, but in RAC2011.

AllowDeletionOfNonEmptyWorkset=1
doesn't work in RAC2011.
Can someone provide me with an solution?